Bookmark and Share

Order For Sale of a Jointly Owned Property

When two or more people own property jointly and are not married or in a civil partnership, a party who wishes to have the properties sold in order to take his or her share of the sale proceeds may make an application for an  ‘order for sale’   in court under section 14 of the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.

The court is required to consider a number of factors when considering whether to grant an  order for sale of property including the purpose for which the property was purchased and the welfare of any child living in the property.

We are not a legal firm so we advise that you seek preliminary legal advice especially if your situation is complex in nature. Some legal firms still offer free consultations or offer fixed fee initial consultations.


  • Is your fight for justice going to cost you the earth?
  • Has your solicitor let you down?
  • Are the crippling legal fees stopping you from moving on?

If you have been left with no alternative other than to ask a court to order that the property be sold but you can’t afford to hire a solicitor to act on your behalf, then REA Solution Consultancy Ltd can help – for a fraction of the cost.
We will prepare the paperwork needed to sever your ‘joint tenancy’.   We will also help you submit your court application for a court ordered sale of the property’ by completing the necessary forms and preparing your statement and collating the relevant documentary evidence in support of your application.


Bookmark and Share